Dawson Primary is a state multi-cultural contributing school catering for students from Year 1-6. It is located with entrances from both Dawson Road and Haumia Way in Flatbush, Manukau, Auckland, New Zealand.
We do not have an enrolment scheme in place although we mainly take students from within our immediate area.
If you wish to enrol your child at Dawson Primary the office is open from 8.30 a.m - 2.45 p.m each day. There are several forms to be filled out and you will need either a birth certificate or passport at the time of enrolment.
2020 Term dates:
Term 1 – Tuesday 28th January - Thursday 9th April
Term 2 – Wednesday 15th April - Friday 3rd July (changed due to covid 19 isolation)
Term 3 - Monday 20th July - Friday 25th September
Term 4 – Monday 12th October - Wednesday 9th December
13/5 - School will be re-opening Monday 18th May. We look forward to welcoming back our students.
We have several Health and Safety aspects we need to follow:
- All children must sanitise their hands as they enter or leave their class. We will provide this.
- Health and Safety guidelines on coughing into your elbow, washing and drying hands and not touching your face will be reinforced at school.
- All children should have a named drink bottle as our drink fountains will not be open to begin with.
- The gates at school will be closed during the day to stop people wondering through the grounds or visiting classes.
- Children can be dropped at school through the drive through. We advise parents to stay in their car. Teachers will be at these points of drop offs.
- All gates into school will open at 8.30 each day so children can go to directly to their room .
- Rooms 1-7 will be escorted to the appropriate gates from 2.40 each day for pick up and the others will follow at the 2.45 bell.
- If you enter the school grounds you must sign the contact tracing sheet in the office.
- New enrolments during the first week should come in at 9.30. One person in the office at a time - 1 metre distancing rule applies. The contact tracing form needs to be signed.
- If your child is sick they should stay home. If they get sick at school they will be sent home.
Please check that the school has your up to date contact details.
As Alert level 2 progresses then you will see some of these aspects will change as we come back to the normal school life but we want to keep your children as safe as possible.
Our teachers are looking towards seeing everyone on Monday and our aim is to help children establish their friendships again, slowly get back into a routine and continue to enjoy their learning. At the same time we will look after your children as best we can. We appreciate all the work you have put into learning at home and supporting us with work set. An amazing job has been done by you. We ask that you continue to support us in keeping the children safe by following the points mentioned above.